Wednesday, March 4, 2015

HIGHLIGHT REEL

Wow! It's hard to believe that the year is already winding down. It has flown by, and it is so fun to watch these soon-to-be sixth graders grow and learn. Here are a few thoughts and reflections from the students on favorite moments and lessons they have learned this year. Enjoy!


This year, I grew more confident in my writing abilities and made a lot more friends. I learned that I sometimes struggle with math, but Ms. Bleitz and my classmates are always willing to help! This year was so fun! ~Maddie

I liked when Ms. Bleitz made us laugh. Once, she led an assembly, and one of the teachers off to the side gestured for her to tell us to sit down. She thought they were telling HER to sit down! She laughed harder at herself than anyone else did!~ Jacob

I had so much fun playing a soldier in "The British Are Coming!" That was my first time in a play, and I loved it! I wasn't one of the main parts, but Ms. Bleitz says that every part is important, no matter how small it seems, and the whole process was so much fun.~Samantha

I will never forget talking to Bill Nye about the solar system. He was so cool and funny and passionate---but he sounds much different in real life than on TV! We sang his theme song to him, and he was super impressed. ~Hannah

This year, I learned that I am the way I am for a reason. I learned that it's okay to be different, and that those differences only point to passions and talents and gifts that I can use for my whole life. I learned that it's okay to mess up as long as you learn from it, and that laughter is always, always possible. I will never forget this year. ~Arvin

No comments:

Post a Comment